26 Jan 2018, 07:01
25 Jan 2018, 07:01
24 Jan 2018, 06:55
- Asian equity markets traded mixed with the Nikkei 225 lagging its peers amid a firmer JPY
- In FX, USD woes persisted in which the DXY slipped to below 90.00 for the first time since late 2014
- Looking ahead, highlights include Eurozone and US Manufacturing PMI, UK Jobs Report, DoEs and NZ...
23 Jan 2018, 14:38
ECB Monetary Policy Decision Due At 12:45 GMT, Press Conference Due At 13:30 GMT
- Unanimous expectations look for the ECB to leave its tspanee key rates unchanged
- Focus will fall on what hints/if any Draghi delivers on the future path of the Bank’s PSPP
- Markets will also be looking out for any potential comments from the ECB President on the ongoing EUR...
23 Jan 2018, 07:04
- US Senate passes stopgap spending bill to reopen the government
- Bank of Japan keeps monetary policy instruments unchanged, attention turns to Kuroda
- Highlights today include German ZEW survey, EU Consumer Confidence and API oil inventories
22 Jan 2018, 06:58
19 Jan 2018, 06:55
18 Jan 2018, 07:04
17 Jan 2018, 06:56
16 Jan 2018, 06:56
15 Jan 2018, 06:58
- Asian equity markets modestly in the green with sentiment buoyed from Friday’s Wall St. close.
- PBoC sets the strongest CNY since May’16, supporting AUD and NZD, while USD softens to 3yr low.
- Looking ahead, highlights include BoE’s...
12 Jan 2018, 06:57
11 Jan 2018, 06:58
- Asian equity markets were mostly lower amid a dampened global risk tone. In FX, AUD outperformed its major peers after better than expected Retail Sales data
- China SAFE said that report on China mulling reduction in US Treasury purchases may cite a wrong source or be fake news.
- Looking ahead, highlights include ECB minutes, US PPI, Fed’s Dudley and supply...
10 Jan 2018, 07:02
- Asia failed to sustain the positive lead from Wall St where all US majors resumed their record setting performance
- JPY continued to firm following yesterday’s BoJ purchase tweaks with USD/JPY down a further 30+ pips on the session
- Looking ahead, highlights include UK production and trade data, US import and export prices, DoEs, Fed’s Bullard and...
09 Jan 2018, 06:59
- Asian Asia equity markets traded mostly higher as the region mirrored the tone seen in US, where all majors posted fresh record highs
- JPY strengthened on a reduced Rinban announcement in which USD/JPY slipped below 113.00
- Looking ahead, highlights include APIs, Fed’s Kashkari and supply from the Netherlands, Austria, Germany, UK and the...
08 Jan 2018, 06:57
- Asian equity markets trade mostly higher with Japanese markets closed for a public holiday
- FX markets traded mostly sideways with AUD slightly underperforming
- Highlights today include Eurozone consumer confidence and speeches from Fed’s Bostic, Williams & Rosengren
05 Jan 2018, 06:55
04 Jan 2018, 06:58
03 Jan 2018, 06:55
02 Jan 2018, 06:54
- Asian stocks began the year in positive territory, supported by strong Chinese data
- FX trade relatively sideways overnight with AUD the outperformer following Chinese manufacturing PMI
- Looking ahead, highlights include Eurozone, UK and US manufacturing PMIs
22 Dec 2017, 06:56
- Both the House and Senate passed the stop-gap measure which would avert a shutdown and keep the government funded tspanough to January 19th
- Unionist Citizens (anti-independence) party won the most seats in the Catalan Parliamentary Elections, although separatists groups collectively still retained a majority in Parliament and took 70 out of the 135-seat...
21 Dec 2017, 06:57
20 Dec 2017, 06:57
- US House initially voted 227 vs. 203 to pass the tax reform bill. However, it was later reported that the House hit a procedural snag
- US Senate voted 51 vs. 48 to approve the Republican tax bill as expected and sent the bill back to the House for a final vote
- Looking ahead, highlights include the Riksbank rate decision, DoEs and NZ...
19 Dec 2017, 06:57
- Asian equity markets were mostly positive as the region followed suit from US with the GOP now seen to have secured enough votes for passage of the tax bill
- EU's Barnier said that the UK cannot have a special deal for the City with Davis warning the EU that they cannot cherry-pick during trade talks
- Looking ahead, highlights include German IFO, US...
18 Dec 2017, 06:58
- Asia equity markets began the week mostly positive following Friday’s gains on Wall St. where tax reform optimism buoyed all major indices to record levels
- EU Brexit Chief Michel Barnier said the EU is not prepared to come up with a makeshift trade deal for the UK that knits together all the best bits of existing models