04 Jan 2018, 06:58
03 Jan 2018, 06:55
02 Jan 2018, 06:54
- Asian stocks began the year in positive territory, supported by strong Chinese data
- FX trade relatively sideways overnight with AUD the outperformer following Chinese manufacturing PMI
- Looking ahead, highlights include Eurozone, UK and US manufacturing PMIs
22 Dec 2017, 06:56
- Both the House and Senate passed the stop-gap measure which would avert a shutdown and keep the government funded tspanough to January 19th
- Unionist Citizens (anti-independence) party won the most seats in the Catalan Parliamentary Elections, although separatists groups collectively still retained a majority in Parliament and took 70 out of the 135-seat...
21 Dec 2017, 06:57
20 Dec 2017, 06:57
- US House initially voted 227 vs. 203 to pass the tax reform bill. However, it was later reported that the House hit a procedural snag
- US Senate voted 51 vs. 48 to approve the Republican tax bill as expected and sent the bill back to the House for a final vote
- Looking ahead, highlights include the Riksbank rate decision, DoEs and NZ...
19 Dec 2017, 06:57
- Asian equity markets were mostly positive as the region followed suit from US with the GOP now seen to have secured enough votes for passage of the tax bill
- EU's Barnier said that the UK cannot have a special deal for the City with Davis warning the EU that they cannot cherry-pick during trade talks
- Looking ahead, highlights include German IFO, US...
18 Dec 2017, 06:58
- Asia equity markets began the week mostly positive following Friday’s gains on Wall St. where tax reform optimism buoyed all major indices to record levels
- EU Brexit Chief Michel Barnier said the EU is not prepared to come up with a makeshift trade deal for the UK that knits together all the best bits of existing models
15 Dec 2017, 06:55
- Asian stocks were mostly lower as a downbeat tone rolled over from Wall St, where sentiment was pressured on tax reform discord
- ECB sources suggested that a minority of ECB rate setters wanted to signal guidance may change if inflation keeps accelerating
- Looking ahead, highlights include US Industrial Production, Baker Hughes Rig Count and the Brussels...
14 Dec 2017, 06:55
- The FOMC hiked rates to 1.25% - 1.50%, as expected. Yellen failed to deliver any hawkish surprises while the rate path trajectory was kept broadly the same
- The UK government was defeated in parliament in a 309-305 vote, meaning MP's will get a meaningful vote on the final Brexit deal
- Looking ahead, highlights include ECB, BoE, Norges and SNB rate...
13 Dec 2017, 10:03
ECB Monetary Policy Decision Due At 12:45 GMT, 13:45 CET, 07:45 EDT, On Thursday 14th December 2017, Press Conference Due At 13:30 GMT, 14:30 CET, 08:30 EDT- Unanimous expectations look for the ECB to leave its tspanee key rates unchanged.- As a reminder October’s announcement revealed that the Bank will be trimming its asset purchase programme to EUR 30bln per month from...
13 Dec 2017, 06:56
12 Dec 2017, 06:57
11 Dec 2017, 06:58
- UK PM May will insist that “nothing is agreed until everything is agreed” on the terms of Brexit after the Irish government claimed that last week's preliminary deal is binding
- Asia equity markets began the week mostly positive after last Friday’s gains on Wall St
- Looking ahead, highlights include US 3yr and 10yr auctions
08 Dec 2017, 06:55
- UK PM May plans go to Brussels early today to meet EU's Juncker and Tusk to finalize Irish border deal
- Asia equity markets took the impetus from a positive tone in US where all indices finished higher and tech continued its rebound
- Looking ahead, highlights include UK production numbers and the US jobs report
07 Dec 2017, 06:58
- Asia equity markets somewhat sspanugged off the subdued tone on Wall St and mostly rebounded from the prior day’s losses
- EU's chief Brexit negotiator Barnier said UK has 48 hours to agree a text on potential deal over Irish border or else talks will not move on to the next phase
- Looking ahead, highlights include US weekly jobs and potential comments from ECB’s...
06 Dec 2017, 06:55
- Asia equity markets were lower as the region followed suit from Wall St, where the major indices finished mostly lower
- AUD/USD was pressured and gave up the 0.7600 handle after Australian Q3 GDP figures disappointed
- Looking ahead, highlights include RBI and BoC rate decisions, ADP Employment, DoE’s and ECB’s...
05 Dec 2017, 06:54
- Asia equity markets were subdued following a similar close on Wall St where the S&P 500 and DJIA pulled back from intraday record levels
- In FX, antipodeans stole the limelight in which NZD/USD briefly reclaimed 0.6900, AUD was underpinned by better than expected Retail Sales and an unsurprising RBA rate decision
- Looking ahead, highlights include Eurozone, UK and US Services PMIs, US Trade, ISM Non-Mfg,...
04 Dec 2017, 07:04
- Asia stock markets traded mixed and lacked the firm conviction seen across US equity futures which were buoyed after the Senate voted to pass the tax bill
- Safe-haven JPY weakened on outflows after the US Senate passed the tax plan which saw USD/JPY advance to within a whisker of the 113.00 handle
- Looking ahead, highlights include US durables revisions, factory orders and UK PM May meets with Juncker and...
01 Dec 2017, 06:57
- Asia equity markets were choppy as the region counterbalanced the momentum from the record highs on Wall St. with disappointing Chinese Caixin Manufacturing PMI data
- WTI crude was stable overnight and mildly nursed some of the losses from the prior session, where prices were dampened by the OPEC announcement ...
30 Nov 2017, 06:55
- Asia stock markets were mostly negative as the tech-sell off on Wall St. dampened sentiment in the region and overshadowed better than expected Chinese PMI data
- UK is reportedly close to a deal regarding Northern Ireland, with officials said to predict an agreement within weeks
- Looking ahead, highlights include German jobs report, Eurozone CPI, personal income, Chicago PMI, ECB’s Mersch, Praet and Fed’s...
29 Nov 2017, 06:56
- GBP/USD held firmly above the 1.3300 level following reports the UK and EU reached an agreement on the size of the Brexit divorce bill
- The Senate Budget Committee approved the Republican tax reform plan which will now go to the Senate floor to be voted on
- Looking ahead, highlights include regional and national German CPI, US GDP, DoE’s and a slew of central bank...
28 Nov 2017, 06:54
- Asian stocks were downbeat on what was a choppy session amid a lack of drivers
- FX trade very quiet amid a lack of data releases and after Fed speakers failed to spur a sustained impact on prices
- Looking ahead, highlights include BoE Stress Test Results, US Wholesale Inventories, BoE’s Carney, Fed’s Dudley, Powell and Harker
27 Nov 2017, 06:56
- Asian equities traded mostly lower despite Friday’s firmer close on Wall Street
- In FX, commodity-linked currencies were mildly pressured as WTI crude pulled back from USD 59/bbl, which also coincided with the broad China-led weakness
- Looking ahead, highlights include US New Home Sales
24 Nov 2017, 06:54
- Asian equities traded with little in the way of firm direction with the Shanghai Comp. unable to stage any major recovery from yesterday’s sell-off
- FX trade mostly resumed the consolidation observed during the Thanksgiving US market closure
- Looking ahead, highlights include German IFO, ECB’s Coeure and Constancio