07 Mar 2017, 06:58
- Asian equities saw a mixed session with the Nikkei 225 tracking fluctuations in USD/JPY with newsflow relatively light overnight
- AUD was a key focus for FX markets after the RBA kept rates unchanged as expected and struck a neutral tone in their statement
- Looking ahead, highlights include US Trade Balance, API Inventories and a US 3yr Auction
06 Mar 2017, 06:53
- Asian equities pared some of their opening losses that were triggered by China lowering their GDP target and North Korean led geopolitical tensions
- FX price action was relatively light with USD nursing some losses against counterparts, although still remained subdued from last Friday’s Yellen comments
- Looking ahead, highlights include US Factory Orders, Durable Goods and Fed’s Kashkari (not set so speak...
03 Mar 2017, 06:53
- Asian equities finished the week mostly lower after the recent Wall St. rally paused for breath yesterday
- USD pared some gains but ultimately remained firmer with the USD-index above 102.00
- Looking ahead, highlights include UK and US services PMI, Fed’s Evans, Powell, Yellen and Fischer
02 Mar 2017, 06:56
- Asian bourses traded higher after yet another record day for Wall St. as financials continue to remain supported by the prospects of a Fed March hike
- USD was once again bolstered by central bank comments with Fed’s Brainard adding to the recent hawkish rhetoric
- Looking ahead, highlights include EU CPI, U.S Initial Jobless Claims, Canadian GDP, Fed's Powell and ECB'S...
01 Mar 2017, 07:06
- US President Trump revealed some of the details of his upcoming plans, although left markets slightly disappointed over the lack of specifics
- Asian equities traded mostly higher amid upbeat data, while USD was firmer amid hawkish Fed rhetoric
- Highlights include the German jobs report, UK mfg PMI, German CPI, US Personal Income, BoC rate decision, construction...