17 May 2021, 06:56 by Newsquawk Desk
- Asian equities traded somewhat mixed and only partially benefitted from last Friday’s rebound on Wall St.
- Chinese industrial production printed inline with estimates and retail sales disappointed but still showed respectable growth
- In FX markets, the DXY heads into the European open firmer, EUR/USD pulled back from 1.2150 and GBP/USD sits on a 1.40 handle
- WTI crude futures were uneventful overnight, whilst gold prices remained firm above USD...
10 Sep 2020, 11:45 by Newsquawk Desk
- Trade has been tepid with European equities roughly U/C at present as focus turns firmly to the ECB decision
- FX sees the DXY modestly softer but holding above 93.00 while the EUR is a touch firmer
- EU is reportedly mulling legal action against the UK for its attempt to override parts of the Withdrawal Agreement
- BoJ is expected to offer a more upbeat view on the economy, output and exports than that presented in July at its upcoming...
18 Mar 2020, 11:10 by Newsquawk Desk
- US Equity futures have resided at limit-down throughout the European session
- Debt complex has been heavily subdued while the DXY has printed fresh YTD highs
- Fed established a primary dealer facility to support market function beginning March 20th which will last at least 6 months for 90-day loans
- Former VP Biden was declared winner in the Florida, Illinois and Arizona Democrat primaries
- Looking ahead, highlights include US Building Permits and Housing Starts, Canadian CPI, DoEs, NZ GDP,...
24 Jan 2020, 11:41 by Newsquawk Desk
- European bourses are firmer this morning, as sentiment improved overnight as the WHO did not declare an international emergency
- UK Flash PMIs beat expectations, though GBP has slipped post-release; January BoE cut expectations are back to near 50/50
- OPEC+ have reportedly discussed an output cut extension until the end of 2020
- US President Trump will sign the USMCA trade deal at the White House on January 29th
- Looking ahead, highlights include US Flash...