24 Feb 2022, 06:55 by Newsquawk Desk
- Russian President Putin authorised a special military operation to demilitarise Ukraine
- Multiple explosions were heard across several Ukrainian cities including the capital of Kiev
- US stocks finished lower (S&P 500 -1.8%) and US equity futures extended on losses overnight with APAC stocks also slumping
- European equity futures are indicative of a weaker open with the Euro Stoxx 50 future -3.8% after the cash market closed lower by...
02 Dec 2021, 11:52 by Newsquawk Desk
- Bourses across Europe have held onto losses seen at the cash open; US equity futures are firmer with RTY outpacing and NQ lagging
- South African scientist sees an exponential rise in new COVID cases with predominance of Omicron; India said the two cases it sees are mild
- Apple (AAPL) reportedly told iPhone component suppliers that demand has slowed down ahead of the holiday period
- Chinese advisors to recommend lowering the 2022 GDP growth...
12 Oct 2021, 06:55 by Newsquawk Desk
- Asian equity markets traded mostly lower following the indecisive mood stateside where major indices gave back initial gains to finish negative
- Sentiment overnight was also hampered by tighter Beijing regulatory scrutiny and with US equity futures extending on losses
- In FX, the DXY sits firmly above 94.00, EUR/USD hovers around 1.1550 and GBP/USD maintains 1.36 status
- Looking ahead, highlights include UK Labour Market Report, German ZEW,...