[REFILE] - PREVIEW: US Nonfarm Payrolls (September 2022) will be released on October 7th at 08:30EDT/13:30BST
To download the report, please click here If you would like to subscribe to receive the research sheets directly in your inbox, you can now do so under the Research Suite section of the portal. To subscribe simply check the box next to "Email these reports" under the desired category.
The headline rate of payrolls growth is expected to resume cooling in September, with the consensus looking for 250k payroll additions (vs 315k in August); the jobless rate is seen unchanged at 3.7%, and there will also be focus on the participation rate after a welcome rise in August. Wage growth is expected to continue, although the annual rate is expected to cool a touch. Traders will be framing the data in the context of Fed policy; there are building hopes that the central bank might relent on some of its hawkishness if its policy tightening gives rise to financial stability concerns as it moves policy further into restrictive territory – these concerns could be exacerbated by soft economic data, as seen this week after the release of the Manufacturing ISM and JOLTs data, which fuelled bets that the Fed would not be as aggressive with rate hikes ahead.
07 Oct 2022 - 09:30- Research Sheet- Source: Newsquawk
Subscribe Now to Newsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
Newsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
- Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
- Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
- Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
- Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
- Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
- One-to-one chat with our expert analysts