Goldman Sachs raises its 12-month ahead Brent forecast to USD 100bbl (prev. USD 93/bbl), expects modestly sharper inventory draws
- Assumes Saudi Arabia unwinds extra 1mln BPD cut gradually from Q2-2024, but 1.7mln cut with eight other OPEC+ nations remains fully in place next year.
- Believe most of the rally is behind us, and that Brent is unlikely to sustainably exceed USD 105/bbl next year or to sustainably drop below USD 80/bbl due to the strong OPEC put.
- Significantly lower OPEC supply and higher demand more than offset significantly higher US supply.
- OPEC can sustain Brent in USD 80-105/bbl range in 2024, by leveraging robust Asia-centric global demand growth and exercising pricing power assertively.
20 Sep 2023 - 06:44- - Source: Newswires
Subscribe Now to Newsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
Newsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
- Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
- Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
- Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
- Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
- Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
- One-to-one chat with our expert analysts