Scotiabank FX Daily - USD Mixed Ahead of US CPI and ECB Announcement
- USD coasts into CPI release with steadying Treasury yields.
- CAD unchanged after on-expectations BoC announcement; Lane at 13ET.
- EUR weakens marginally as markets await ECB at 7.45ET, Lagarde at 8.30ET
- GBP struggles under 1.41 as EU-UK tensions weigh while reopening decision awaits.
- JPY holds in mid 109s with limited movement in UST yields.
- AUD posts minor gain with slight support from stronger iron ore.
- MXN unchanged with WTI crude oil attempting move back above $70/bbl.
10 Jun 2021 - 11:50- - Source: scotiabank
Subscribe Now to Newsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
Newsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
- Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
- Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
- Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
- Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
- Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
- One-to-one chat with our expert analysts